Organic Ethiopia Hambela Gr-1 Special Prep
Altitudes: 1900-2200 m
Process: Natural/Dry Process. Sun-dried on raised beds
Roast Level: Medium
Flavor Profile: Because of the dry processing, this coffee is going to have a prominent fruity, sweet taste and creamy mouth. What makes this coffee different from previously offered is the addition of floral and peach notes to go with the strawberry overtones
Certifications: USDA Organic, Shade Grown: Because of the uniqueness of this coffee, it is a lot more expensive to produce, which is requires specialty pricing. The METAD Agricultural Development PLC is the organization running the estate. They are making great strives in the industry by being able to do the following
- Strengthening the Local Community Workforce: 70% is made up of women
- Education Opportunities: Sponsorship for elementary kids
- Medical Support: In Partnership with Grounds for Health to help with cervical cancer screenings
- Advanced Farming Tools: provides technical assistance and shares modern farming equipment with other local farmers
- First SCAA certified quality control lab in Africa used to train domestic and international coffee professionals
You May Also Like...
Ethiopia Natural Limu
Origins: Limu region in Western Ethiopia by the Deru Mountains. Comes from a family-owned farm in Meto Gundb. Farm owner, Lemma Edeto has passed down his 60 years of experience to his sons to continue.
Altitude: 1850-2000 meters
Process: Natural (Dry-Processed), dried on raised beds
Certifications: 2014 Winner of the African Taste of Harvest Competition
Flavors: As a dry-processed (natural) coffee, this coffee has prominent berry and citrus overtones. Because of the coffee bean drying in the sun with the fruit still intact, a wonderful combination of sweet raspberry, strawberry and tangerine results. This has becomes a refreshing summer iced coffee drink, especially the grapefruit finish.
Brewing Methods: Cold-brew/Iced, Drip. French